I never grew up as a book worm… I wish I did though.
Reading used to be on the bottom of the list of “things to do when I’m really bored,” but now I CAN’T WAIT to find time to read! It’s the first thing I do when I get on the bus, the skytrain, or when I’m waiting in a long line-up. The result of reading only during my long commute? I don’t finish reading the book until a month or so. Oh well! Reading isn’t a race (who would you be racing with anyway?). It’s about expanding your knowledge; learning about different perspectives; filling your brain with new ideas and thoughts; and forcing you to think critically about the world and the people around you.
Overall, reading makes you a better person and makes you understand the world a little bit more. I support literacy!!!
Okay, enough of me advocating this. This page is not intended for that. It’s for you to see what kind of books I’m interested in and for you to recommend me really good books that I haven’t already read! Thank you in advance!
Books to Read:
- Banker To the Poor by Muhammad Yunus
- Ender’s Game by Orson Scott Card
- Life of Pi by Yann Martel
- ReWork by Jason Fried & David Heinemeier Hansson
- StrengthsFinder 2.0 by Tom Rath
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams
- The Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway
- The Power of a Positive No by William Ury
- The Power of Charm by Brian Tracy & Ron Arden
- The Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemingway
- The Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell
- What the Dog Saw: And Other Adventures by Malcolm Gladwell
Feel free to comment below and introduce me to some awesome reads!